Borrow to take and use something that belongs to somebody else, and return it to them at a later time 借，借用
- He makes it a rule never to borrow money. 他无论如何也不向别人借钱。
- May I borrow your dictionary? 我可以借用一下你的字典吗?
- He used to borrow money from his friends. 他常向他的朋友们借钱。
Lend to give something to somebody or allow them to use something that belongs to you, which they have to return to you later 借出，借给
- Would you please lend me your pencil? 请把铅笔借给我用一下好吗?
- I got around my father to lend me his car. 我说服了父亲借车给我。
- It was imprudent of you to lend money to a stranger. 你把钱借给陌生人，未免太轻率了。
【注意】 1.borrow和lend都可以表示”借”，但是使用场合不同。borrow指”借入”，而lend指”借出”。 (1)May I borrow this book for a day or two? (对主语而言是借入) (2)Would you lend me this book for a day or two?(对主语而言是借出) 2.请注意borrow和lend介词搭配的不同。 (1)I don’t like to borrow money from friends. (2)He lent his pen to me.